Largest Manufacturer of Steel Frame Modular Homes in a Shell Package.
Our Superior Galvanized Structural Steel frame Modular Homes in a Shell Package are constructed in factory and ready to ship worldwide. The modular shell package home is constructed in modules, sheathed in OSB and house wrap, complete with all interior/exterior walls, roof trusses and floor joist systems for placement onto your foundation wall (crawl space or full basement). Door and window headers are framed and ready for install of your own windows and doors. Allows for rapid buttoned up shell construction at affordable pricing. Also available with options such as ISO board insulation on exterior walls, roof, and floors as required. Many Window, door, siding and roofing options available as upgrades. Electrical, plumbing and mechanical runs available as upgrades.
Use our standard styles and plans as a starting point or bring us your own plan, we are a manufacturer and our factory can produce any home design, any floor plan, and architectural design that you choose. Use our existing home styles and home plans as a pricing tool. Find a style and size closest to your custom home, and use the cost shown per square foot as a starting point for your custom home design.
Why would I choose commercial grade galvanized structural steel frame over a typical stick frame?
Galvanized Structural Steel framing is stronger, commercial grade, lasts a life time, and is better than a stick frame home. And you can save considerably over a typical weaker wood frame home.
- Green Terra Homes' Galvanized Structural Steel frame components are commercial grade materials, all of the highest quality without any defects such as warping or knots etc as found in timber stick frame homes.
- Superior Stronger Galvanized Structural Steel Framing for less than wood frame prices.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural Steel Frame home will maintain its integrity indefinitely without any issues such as rot or corrosion or termite infestation.
- Galvanized Structural Steel Frames are lighter yet far stronger than timber stick frame homes
Why would I choose a Modular Home in a SHELL PACKAGE over stick-built home?
The appearance of Modular homes are the same as any traditional site-built home. You can add any style of window, door, wall or feature you prefer, as some can be done in factory and others can still be added on-site when Modules are on site. You cannot tell the difference between modular and traditional homes once completed. Modular homes can be customized in their interior and exterior appearances. Green Terra Homes unlike many other manufacturers, offers the ability to design from scratch and or accepts private renderings for conversion to steel framing and modular. The standard time frame for in factory production is about 3-4 months.
Modular homes are built faster than site built homes and can save you thousands as most of the work is completed inside a temperature controlled factory setting where there are no delays due to weather and having to reschedule work crews. There are a few items that are required on site when building a modular home.
- You will be required to prepare your site and get your foundation ready prior to the arrival of your home.
- Once your home is ready you will have to coordinate shipping and craning of the modules to your site and ensure that the site is accessible to both the truck and crane.
- Once the modules are placed on your foundation they will have to be “stitched” together which is essentially sealing and connecting the modules to one another.
- You will also need to complete any and all interior, exterior finishes such as plumbing, electrical, duct work, insulation and drywall needed, as well as siding and roofing on the exterior of the house.
- Options such as Rough in are available for Plumbing (pex lines, vent lines, waste lines where applicable) and Electrical (BX steel braided commercial grade electrical lines, outlet boxes, light fixture boxes.
- Lastly you will have to install your HVAC (unless you have purchased a package from us to be installed in the unit itself – when there is no basement), and then connect your utilities.
We recommend you hire a contractor to help with the site work, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, foundation, excavation and all finishes as required, depending on your own experience level and or comfort level. Never attempt work that you are not qualified and experienced within, Buying a modular home in a shell package means that you could be into your new home months sooner than a traditional site built home and you can also save thousands of dollars in the process.
Use our standard styles and plans as a starting point or bring us your own plan, we are a manufacturer and our factory can produce any home design, any floor plan, and architectural design that you choose. Use our existing home styles and home plans as a pricing tool. Find a style and size closest to your custom home, and use the cost shown per square foot as a starting point for your custom home design price.
So What is included in this Galvanized Structural Steel Frame Modular Home offered as a SHELL PACKAGE as listed on our site?
- The home is assembled in the factory as with our modular homes ready to be placed onto your foundation at which time the home is buttoned up and you are out of the environment.
- The home is framed out in module sections with all exterior walls and roof sheathed/cladded with OSB and house wrap.
- All window and doors headers are in and ready for you to cut out the OSB and install your own windows and doors.
- Walls are at stud level with galvanized structural steel framing 16" on center as with stick frame homes. All structural steel studs have pre-punched openings for your electrical and plumbing lines, and as with stick frame, you can drill additional holes as needed.
- All blocking and strapping is in place ready for your insulation, vapor barrier and drywall or other interior wall cladding. Floors are OSB, ready for your underlayment and flooring choices.
- Exterior of the home is sheathed in OSB and House wrap, ready for your rigid foam insulation to address thermal bridging with rigid foam board insulation, strapping and your final exterior cladding/finishes.
- Roofs, as with all exterior walls, is sheathed/cladded with OSB and temp house wrap, ready for your ice/water shield and final roofing coverage with shingles or steel roofing panels (both available from the factory or your local suppliers)
Additionally, the shell package includes:
- Includes Architectural plans and local engineer stamped structural plans for your jurisdiction
- Bill of Materials (BOM) for standard materials required to finish the home
- This home is assembled in factory as a SHELL Package in modular format, ready for placement onto your foundation (button up stage)
- All Exterior are assembled and sheathed/Cladded with OSB
- All and interior walls are assembled
- Sheathed in OSB and house wrap ready for your siding and shingles (or steel roofing)
- Door and window headers are framed and ready for installation of your own windows and doors.
- Includes floor joist system designed & engineered for crawl space, or full foundation.
Shell Package options may include:
- Optional stamped plans for foundation, mechanical &electrical available as needed by your local jurisdiction
- Exterior ISO foam board insulation panels for exterior walls & exterior roof
- Exterior cladding, insulation and siding options
- Steel or asphalt shingle roofing options
- Window & door options
- Electrical cable runs optional
- Plumbing ABS/PEX runs optional
- Mechanical duct runs/registers optional
Shell Packages are designed, engineered, manufactured in easy to ship modules ranging in size from:
- Maximum width from 16' (including overhang)
- Maximum height of 10' exterior dims, folding roof trusses available to increase final assembled height.
- Max length 60' - exceptions apply based on other dimensions and final destination.
What is not included?
- Site grading and excavation.
- Foundation engineering and installation.
- Services and hook up such as septic/sewer, water, electrical, gas.
- Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical
- Doors and windows.
- Exterior insulation, cladding, sheeting and finishing
- Interior insulation, cladding, sheeting and finishing
- Flooring, plumbing or electrical fixtures
- Mill work and or cabinetry
- And anything NOT listed in the inclusions list above.
Have more questions or Ready to proceed with an order?
Please make sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further details and answers that can guide you through the process, if you wish to speak to a Sales Representative please Click Here, fill out the form and we will be happy to assist.
Fill out the Contact Us page form and request a callback for a quote or attach the link of the product you are interested in.
Please visit here for Shipping Information: https://shop.greenterrahomes.com/pages/shipping
- See our Prefab Home Framing Kit Collection
- See our Modular Home Shell Package Collection
- See our builder ready Custom Modular Home Collection
Please note that drawings on the web site are a combination of artist renderings and photos - often with upgraded finishes- actual units may vary. Items shown on images & designs such as decks, porches, skirts, landscaping etc. are not included. Any product or service not listed on the specifications list is not included unless specifically paid for on the sales agreement.
**Available onsite services such as foundation, on-site framing, assembly, excavation, and other on-site services may be available via national Home Depot network of independent contractors (charges apply).
Standard vendors materials, fixtures, trim, mill-work are all based on vendor’s standard sizes. Changes to these specs or removal of certain items to be replaced by specialty items or custom items, will result in additional charges and often in additional onsite finishes for the Owner/Builder. There are no credits applied for items removed. Custom home plans are quoted based on Standard Specifications, and all custom add-ons or changes will be additional.
All Modular homes in a shell package format are manufactured by Green Terra Homes are constructed in compliance to the stringent requirements of CWB CSA A-660 for Steel Frame Modular Homes. All structural plans are reviewed by engineers authorized for the state/province.
The manufacturer reserves the right to improve or modify the product list herein, without notice or obligation, which may change materials, equipment, specifications or designs. Information contained herein is from the latest data available at the time of printing. Photographs and descriptions may contain some optional extra.
Allow an estimated 30 business days for design and engineering depending on your choices, once engineering is completed allow about 90-120 days for production and another 10-14 days for delivery. All time frames stated are dependent on decision making processes, destination, season, size and model. Custom Homes are ready for placement on your foundation as applicable and connection to your site services. These timelines DO NOT apply to multi tenant units or large custom units over 2500 sf.
Land, permits, foundation, all site work and preparation, service hook ups, shipping, crane and installation of the modules are all the responsibility of the owner. All prices above are based on the standard specification list provided and sizes and dimensions and items listed. Any and all changes to size, design, specs, standards, finishes, etc will incur additional charges. Anything not listed on the specification list is NOT included.
Multi-unit configurations are also available. Steel frame modular homes are constructed in factory and ready to ship with your choice of finishes, and upgrades. We may also be able to assist in coordinating third party site work. Let us guide you through the process.
***Maximum heights for modular home shipments in shell package format - (maximum 11’ height on standard trailer, height up to 13’ available with low boy trailer, greater heights will require roofing trusses to be installed onsite by Owner/Builder – additional charges apply)