Manufacturer of metal garden sheds, storage sheds, lean to sheds & tool sheds with FREE Shipping*. Steel garden sheds, storage sheds, lean to sheds & tool sheds ship in kit form & are available nationwide. Local delivery & Installation may be available** - We are a manufacturer, not a dealer. Buy factory direct and save thousands.
Metal shed framing kits are designed for easy DIY assembly on any flat surface and have options for roofing, siding, door, windows. The steel shed framing kits are priced as framing kit only thereby allowing clients to choose their own locally sourced sheathing materials. Optional complete sheathing packages available that can include galvanized or galvalume steel panels for use as cladding and or roofing materials in a broad choice of colors and profiles. Our standard options for doors, windows, and hardware are off the shelf choices from the Home Depot's broad range of products and are shipped separately from your local Home Depot store (if ordered with structure-charges apply).
Sheds are post and beam structures.
Smaller steel garden sheds, storage sheds, shed, lean to shed, sheds for sale, tool shed, lifetime sheds, sheds of 80 sf or less feature:
- 2.5" post and beam
- 3'x5' Single Door Opening
Larger steel garden sheds, storage sheds, shed, lean to shed, sheds for sale, tool shed, lifetime sheds feature:
- 3.5" or 5.5" post and beam as per plans
- 6'x6' Double Door Opening
All shed size available in 5.5" post and beam special order.
Also available with stud framing 2' OC spacing or 16" OC spacing, additional charges apply.
Stud framing vs standard Post/Beam framing pricing
- framed with studs 2' OC framing - Add 20% to base price
- framed with studs 16" OC framing - Add 30% to base price
Steel garden sheds, storage sheds, shed, lean to shed, sheds for sale, tool shed, similar to lowes storage sheds, lifetime sheds & lowes sheds format are designed to be sheathed with only steel siding. Or sheathed with OSB and other siding and roofing choices such as vinyl, shingles.
Allow 3-4 weeks for production and another 1-2 weeks for delivery dependent on destination and model. Expedited build times may be available at additional charges.
Please make sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further details and answers that can guide you through the process, if you wish to speak to a Sales Representative please Click Here, fill out the form and we will be happy to assist.
Our steel sheds and metal garden shed kits are NON RESIDENTIAL structures and are NOT designed to meet residential building codes and we do not recommend that they be used for habitation. If you are attempting to purchase a shed kit or garden shed and use for residential usage, we will not be able to accommodate you as far as plans and engineering.
Why would I choose a structural steel framing?
- Green Terra Homes' Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Frame components are offer unmatched quality without the prevalent defects found in stick framing such as warping or knots.
- Our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing is uniform with precise standardized measurements unlike stick framing where no two pieces are alike or measure as advertised, there is no such item referred to as a 2'x6' piece of lumber. None are 2" nor 6", no stick frame home or structures is constructed in precise measurements as consistent in our engineered steel framing.
- Superior Stronger Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing
- Engineered Structural Steel Frame homes and buildings will maintain its integrity indefinitely without any issues such as rot or corrosion or termite infestation.
- Structural Steel Frames are lighter yet stronger than stick frame homes and buildings.
- Read complete list of benefits of our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing
Better Structural Strength
Because steel has the highest strength to weight ratio of any building material, it is by nature a superior construction material. Steel does not rot, warp, split, crack or creep and will not expand or contract with moisture content.
A steel framed home or building will always have straight walls and square corners; therefore, homeowners will be relieved to find no aggravating nail pops or drywall cracks. Steel framing can take popular finishes like brick, stucco, stone or siding.
Better Fire Protection
The most frightening aspect of a house or building fire is the rapidity with which it can spread, a factor that's multiplied many times over by the easy availability of wood framing as fuel.
Steel will not contribute fuel to a fire. If a fire does start in a steel-framed home or building, it's less likely to spread from the area of origin. Tragic loss, due to fires that ignite and spread in framing, can be limited by the use of steel framing.
Better Mold Resistance
Mold is a significant cause of poor indoor air quality and resultant respiratory ailments. Steel framing can help resist the onset and growth of mold.
Mold requires an organic substrate such as wood to grow and thrive. Being inorganic, steel framing actually inhibits the growth of mold, and promotes a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
Better Termite Resistance
Termites cause millions of dollars in damage to homes and buildings each year. Termites wreak havoc, chewing through wood framing and weakening the foundation of a home or building. Some building departments require treatment to your foundation for termites before building, but section R202 of the International Residential Code states that steel framing is a "termite resistant material".
Steel is resistant to termites, thus preserving the structural integrity of a steel-framed homes and buildings, and providing it with years of security and durability against destructive pests, including termites and wood ants.
Better for the Environment
An average sized wood framed home or building requires at least 40 trees to be cut for framing. The framing for a typical steel framed home or building can be made from 6 recycled cars. The use of steel framing saves the nation's forests and has a positive impact on the environment.
Because steel-framing is unaffected by temperature or humidity changes, the building is more energy-efficient, thus saving on fuel costs. The lower energy consumption helps the initiative to further conserving our natural resources.
Benefits for the DIY Owner Builder
Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel has some major benefits.
Firstly the price: Steel is competitive against timber stick frame and with a shorter build time, there is less labor to pay for.
Peace of mind: There is a 25 Year Warranty on all steel framing. It will not rot, warp or expand, so the house/structure stays watertight. And because it won't rot, it's also healthier to live in. Steel is resistant to fire, as well as borer and termites. A solid investment!
Its greener: Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is sustainable and a great environmental choice. There is also no waste. Every piece is cut to precise length, punched, pre-drilled, labeled and often assembled before it leaves the factory.
Steel is 100% recyclable. Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is ‘green’ being the most recycled product in the world!
- The slender profile of steel, its strength and light-weight makes it an ideal option and no cranes are required to assemble the framework, which saves time and money.
- What would you prefer to do, chop down 40 to 50 trees or recycle 6 cars? That`s what it takes to prefabricate a steel frame for the average house or structure.
- Many appreciate the simplicity of the screw-together framing, especially as there is no need for special tools.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is ideal for environmentally sensitive sites as there is minimum disruption and disturbance to the native vegetation. It is particularly suited to sloping sites where access is difficult.
In summary the benefits of engineered steel framing are:
- Steel is lighter, stronger and straighter.
- Steel is not treated with dangerous and often toxic chemicals.
- Steel's quality is consistent. No bowing, bending, warping, twisting or movement.
- Steel is not affected by rain and no drying required prior to construction.
- Steel is not subject to rot or rust.
- Steel is non-combustible therefore a lower fire risk.
- Steel is environmentally friendly and the most recycled material in the world.
- Steel use does not lead to health issues. (i.e. resulting from sawing/handling chemically treated timber).
- Steel framing is a lot lighter than timber, therefore less weight results in less foundation movement
When you are looking for strength, durability and quality, steel framing is the natural choice for brick, veneer and direct-clad construction of homes, structures, and similar low-rise buildings.
Steel framing also offers other outstanding features and advantages such as:
- Steel frames do not absorb moisture and will not rot or grow toxic mold. As a result, they are considered non-allergenic and have a neutral impact on indoor air quality.
- Steel frames provide occupants with extra protection from lightning as energy is conducted straight to ground, and does not release destructively within the framework.
- Because of its properties including strength and lightness, steel framing is an excellent material to resist earthquakes.
- Steel framing resists fire. Under high heat it will deform but will not burn. Steel frames do not contribute to the spread of fire or increase the fire load. Fire resistance, with excellent fire hazard properties so you just can’t ignite it, and it doesn't add fuel to the fire.
- Steel framing cannot be attacked by vermin or insects such as borer moth and termites.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel frames means less strain on builders/erectors and therefore provides a safer work site.
Steel is strong and light...
- The wall frames and roof trusses can be positioned and screwed together in even the most remote locations without needing access to the power grid
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel allows you to build safely and competitively on sloping sites even on the most difficult terrain. We can supply you with a floor system to sit on top of adjustable stumps which makes assembly very easy and you can trailer in most components.
- Steel frames can be used in all climate conditions.
- Steel beam depths are around half that of timber beams offering greater usable space and lower costs than that of other materials.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel's superior strength and flexibility provides increased spanning capabilities meaning fewer columns/stud support requirements and therefore more usable space.
- You can get open-plan living at a competitive price, as steel is 40% stronger than wood and approximately 10% of the weight.
- Hi-tensile steel has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of most conventional building materials.
- Steel does not warp, bow or twist due to shrinkage, ensuring no long term movement problems with the framing and trusses.
- Unlike timber, steel does not creep and long term deflection is minimal.
- Consistent quality and dimensions ensures ease of use and long life.
- Wide availability, so the preferred design can be built virtually anywhere in the world.
- Low maintenance requirements, requiring low cost and effort to keep its design qualities intact.
- Trade familiarity, so there is always ready access to the skills to modify or extend the building.
- Reliability, therefore no need to replace steel building products because of technical improvements, changes in fashion or new research requirements.
- Design freedom, to easily create optimum architectural forms to suit client needs and local building conditions.