Largest manufacturer of Metal Garage Kits, Steel Garage, Car Garage, Garage Kits with FREE Shipping* & Financing available. Steel Garage, Garage Kit ships in kit form & are available nationwide. Local delivery & Installation may be available** - We will beat any written comparable quote by 5% - We are a manufacturer, not a dealer. Buy factory direct and save thousands.
As a manufacturer of engineered steel framing, we focus on providing you with the best pricing on our engineered steel framing kits, manufactured specifically for your property. We design, engineer, fabricate any size metal garage, including prefabricated engineered steel garages capable of any wind, snow, loads. Every building is individually designed, engineered, and manufactured for each individual client and their property.
- Our engineered structural steel framing is ready for your own siding, roofing, windows, doors and finishes.
- Save thousands by purchasing our complete engineered steel framing kit, each is manufactured specific to your lot/property codes, loads, permit requirements.
- Each engineered metal garage kit includes stamped engineered drawings specific to your property in your name.
- Our engineered metal garage kits are designed to be sheathed with your own locally available cladding, roofing, siding, windows & doors.
- Complete material kits for all other items such as siding are available is shipped from local distributor/vendor in your area.
- Optional "STEEL SIDING, STEEL ROOFING & TRIM KIT" available.
We are a manufacturer of steel framing and though we can also sell other locally available materials, you can save even more by purchasing materials that we do not manufacture locally for much less.
Why would I choose engineered steel framing over cheaper stick frame wood building?
Steel framing, is stronger, lasts a life time, and is better than wood and you can save considerably over a typical wood frame unit.
- Structural Steel frame components are all of the highest quality without any defects such as warping or knots etc as found in timber.
- Superior Stronger Engineered Structural Steel Framing for less than wood frame prices.
- Structural Steel Framing will maintain its integrity indefinitely without any issues such as rot or corrosion or termite infestation.
- Structural Steel Frames are lighter yet stronger than timber
Green Terra Homes framing kits are do-it-yourself friendly because the building system bolts together, and all of the welding is done at the factory prior to delivery. All of your framed openings such as windows, doors are pre-punched before leaving the factory based on the plans you have chosen. This significantly reduces construction costs, time and ease of assembly.
Custom Steel garage kits are pre engineered and designed for easy DIY assembly on any flat surface and have options for roofing, siding, trim, doors, windows. Designed to be sheathed with your choice of steel, wood, shingles, or any other choice you desire. The steel garage framing kits are priced as framing kit only thereby allowing clients to choose their own locally available sheathing materials. Optional complete sheathing packages available that can include galvanized or galvalume steel panels for use as cladding and or roofing materials in a broad choice of colors and profiles. Optional trim packages for fascia, soffit, corner trim available. Our standard options for doors, windows, and hardware are off the shelf choices from the Home Depot's broad range of products and are shipped separately from your local Home Depot store (if ordered with structure).
- Available in any length - Standard 4/12 roof pitch. Custom roof pitch options available charges apply.
- All widths & custom sizing available- charges apply.
- We can design, engineer, fabricate any size metal garage, including prefabricated engineered steel garages capable of any wind, snow, loads.
So What is included in the this Prefab Garage Framing Kit price listed on our site?
- Architectural Plans
- Engineered Stamped Structural plans
- Framing for your own doors/window
- Complete Engineered Steel Frame (Post & Beam Framing)
- Foundation Post "Saddles" for install when you pour your concrete footings (see image below)
- Rafters and or Trusses (as applicable per plan)
- Wall Girts
- Roof and eve purlins
- Kelly screws, strapping, brackets, foundation post saddles
- Instruction - Assembly Guide
- Rigid Frame Post/Beam Building
- Building Code: IBC, state/provincial codes, design engineered, stamped by engineer licensed in your state/province
- Snow Load: Specific to your lot/land as per local code and load requirements
- Wind Load: Specific to your lot/land as per local code and load requirements
- Frame Type: Post & Beam as pictured below
- Bay Spacing: Varied by size
- Roof Slope: 4:12 pitch
- Doors: Optional, available locally
- Complete "STEEL SIDING, STEEL ROOFING & TRIM KIT"
- Man doors
- Overhead doors
Also available in stud framing configuration with 2' OC spacing, and 16" OC spacing as you may need, additional charges apply.
Standard post and beam framing vs stud wall framing pricing upgrade cost
Typical Post & Beam Framing Kit Diagram
Foundation post Saddles Included
Secondary Framing Diagram
What is not included?
- Site grading and excavation
- Foundation floor engineering and installation
- Services and hook ups
- Doors and windows
- All exterior sheeting and finishing materials
- All interior sheeting and finishing materials
- And anything Not listed in the inclusions above
Have more questions or Ready to proceed with an order?
Please make sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further details and answers that can guide you through the process
if you wish to speak to a Sales Representative please Click Here, fill out the form and we will be happy to assist.
Fill out the Contact Us page form and request a callback for a quote or attach the link of the product you are interested in.
Our steel garage kits are NON RESIDENTIAL structures and are NOT designed to meet residential building codes and we do not recommend that they be used for habitation. If you are attempting to purchase a garage or steel structure and use for residential usage, we will not be able to accommodate you as far as plans and engineering unless you purchase a garage home under our Homes and Cottages section. Steel building kits, portable buildings, steel garage, metal building kits, are stronger, last a life time, are precut, no guess work, easier, faster, and better than a wood kit that you must measure & cut on site.
Though these are designed as DIY (Do It Yourself) kits, not all owner/builders may be capable and or wish to assemble the home on their own. Local framing crews may be used as owner/builder deems appropriate.
Allow 15-30 days for design depending on design and plans required. 30-60 days for production and another 10-14 days for delivery dependent on destination, size, design and model. Expedited build times may be available at additional charges.
Shipping of Structural Steel Framing Kits may be FREE within Continental United states and Canadian Provinces, Click Here for details.
Also note that any other items and or services not listed in INCLUSIONS or Paid for as an option, are not included or part of any sale.
Please note that drawings on the web site are artist renderings - actual units may vary based on your order. Items shown on images & designs such as decks, porches, skirts, landscaping, etc. are not included.
* Financing Terms & conditions presented are determined based on your credit, income, existing equity as well as the type and cost of the product being purchased.
Why would I choose a structural steel framing?
- Green Terra Homes' Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Frame components are offer unmatched quality without the prevalent defects found in stick framing such as warping or knots.
- Our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing is uniform with precise standardized measurements unlike stick framing where no two pieces are alike or measure as advertised, there is no such item referred to as a 2'x6' piece of lumber. None are 2" nor 6", no stick frame home or structures is constructed in precise measurements as consistent in our engineered steel framing.
- Superior Stronger Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing
- Engineered Structural Steel Frame homes and buildings will maintain its integrity indefinitely without any issues such as rot or corrosion or termite infestation.
- Structural Steel Frames are lighter yet stronger than stick frame homes and buildings.
- Read complete list of benefits of our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing
Better Structural Strength
Because steel has the highest strength to weight ratio of any building material, it is by nature a superior construction material. Steel does not rot, warp, split, crack or creep and will not expand or contract with moisture content.
A steel framed home or building will always have straight walls and square corners; therefore, homeowners will be relieved to find no aggravating nail pops or drywall cracks. Steel framing can take popular finishes like brick, stucco, stone or siding.
Better Fire Protection
The most frightening aspect of a house or building fire is the rapidity with which it can spread, a factor that's multiplied many times over by the easy availability of wood framing as fuel.
Steel will not contribute fuel to a fire. If a fire does start in a steel-framed home or building, it's less likely to spread from the area of origin. Tragic loss, due to fires that ignite and spread in framing, can be limited by the use of steel framing.
Better Mold Resistance
Mold is a significant cause of poor indoor air quality and resultant respiratory ailments. Steel framing can help resist the onset and growth of mold.
Mold requires an organic substrate such as wood to grow and thrive. Being inorganic, steel framing actually inhibits the growth of mold, and promotes a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
Better Termite Resistance
Termites cause millions of dollars in damage to homes and buildings each year. Termites wreak havoc, chewing through wood framing and weakening the foundation of a home or building. Some building departments require treatment to your foundation for termites before building, but section R202 of the International Residential Code states that steel framing is a "termite resistant material".
Steel is resistant to termites, thus preserving the structural integrity of a steel-framed homes and buildings, and providing it with years of security and durability against destructive pests, including termites and wood ants.
Better for the Environment
An average sized wood framed home or building requires at least 40 trees to be cut for framing. The framing for a typical steel framed home or building can be made from 6 recycled cars. The use of steel framing saves the nation's forests and has a positive impact on the environment.
Because steel-framing is unaffected by temperature or humidity changes, the building is more energy-efficient, thus saving on fuel costs. The lower energy consumption helps the initiative to further conserving our natural resources.
Benefits for the DIY Owner Builder
Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel has some major benefits.
Firstly the price: Steel is competitive against timber stick frame and with a shorter build time, there is less labor to pay for.
Peace of mind: There is a 25 Year Warranty on all steel framing. It will not rot, warp or expand, so the house/structure stays watertight. And because it won't rot, it's also healthier to live in. Steel is resistant to fire, as well as borer and termites. A solid investment!
Its greener: Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is sustainable and a great environmental choice. There is also no waste. Every piece is cut to precise length, punched, pre-drilled, labeled and often assembled before it leaves the factory.
Steel is 100% recyclable. Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is ‘green’ being the most recycled product in the world!
- The slender profile of steel, its strength and light-weight makes it an ideal option and no cranes are required to assemble the framework, which saves time and money.
- What would you prefer to do, chop down 40 to 50 trees or recycle 6 cars? That`s what it takes to prefabricate a steel frame for the average house or structure.
- Many appreciate the simplicity of the screw-together framing, especially as there is no need for special tools.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is ideal for environmentally sensitive sites as there is minimum disruption and disturbance to the native vegetation. It is particularly suited to sloping sites where access is difficult.
In summary the benefits of engineered steel framing are:
- Steel is lighter, stronger and straighter.
- Steel is not treated with dangerous and often toxic chemicals.
- Steel's quality is consistent. No bowing, bending, warping, twisting or movement.
- Steel is not affected by rain and no drying required prior to construction.
- Steel is not subject to rot or rust.
- Steel is non-combustible therefore a lower fire risk.
- Steel is environmentally friendly and the most recycled material in the world.
- Steel use does not lead to health issues. (i.e. resulting from sawing/handling chemically treated timber).
- Steel framing is a lot lighter than timber, therefore less weight results in less foundation movement
When you are looking for strength, durability and quality, steel framing is the natural choice for brick, veneer and direct-clad construction of homes, structures, and similar low-rise buildings.
Steel framing also offers other outstanding features and advantages such as:
- Steel frames do not absorb moisture and will not rot or grow toxic mold. As a result, they are considered non-allergenic and have a neutral impact on indoor air quality.
- Steel frames provide occupants with extra protection from lightning as energy is conducted straight to ground, and does not release destructively within the framework.
- Because of its properties including strength and lightness, steel framing is an excellent material to resist earthquakes.
- Steel framing resists fire. Under high heat it will deform but will not burn. Steel frames do not contribute to the spread of fire or increase the fire load. Fire resistance, with excellent fire hazard properties so you just can’t ignite it, and it doesn't add fuel to the fire.
- Steel framing cannot be attacked by vermin or insects such as borer moth and termites.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel frames means less strain on builders/erectors and therefore provides a safer work site.
Steel is strong and light...
- The wall frames and roof trusses can be positioned and screwed together in even the most remote locations without needing access to the power grid
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel allows you to build safely and competitively on sloping sites even on the most difficult terrain. We can supply you with a floor system to sit on top of adjustable stumps which makes assembly very easy and you can trailer in most components.
- Steel frames can be used in all climate conditions.
- Steel beam depths are around half that of timber beams offering greater usable space and lower costs than that of other materials.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel's superior strength and flexibility provides increased spanning capabilities meaning fewer columns/stud support requirements and therefore more usable space.
- You can get open-plan living at a competitive price, as steel is 40% stronger than wood and approximately 10% of the weight.
- Hi-tensile steel has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of most conventional building materials.
- Steel does not warp, bow or twist due to shrinkage, ensuring no long term movement problems with the framing and trusses.
- Unlike timber, steel does not creep and long term deflection is minimal.
- Consistent quality and dimensions ensures ease of use and long life.
- Wide availability, so the preferred design can be built virtually anywhere in the world.
- Low maintenance requirements, requiring low cost and effort to keep its design qualities intact.
- Trade familiarity, so there is always ready access to the skills to modify or extend the building.
- Reliability, therefore no need to replace steel building products because of technical improvements, changes in fashion or new research requirements.
- Design freedom, to easily create optimum architectural forms to suit client needs and local building conditions.