Largest Manufacturer of Steel Frame Modular Homes, Modern Modular Houses manufactured with our proprietary commercial grade galvanized structural steel framing. All plans are completely custom to your needs and can be scaled up or down as needed. Our commercial grade galvanized steel frame modular homes are constructed in factory to engineering tolerances only found engineered manufacturing process and completely void with site-built stick frame homes. Our modular homes are manufactured and ready to ship with choice of finishes, upgrades, appliances. We can assist in coordinating your third-party site work. All interior layout plans are custom to your needs. Custom Homes are ready for placement on your foundation as applicable and connected to your site services. Choose from any of our existing plans or let us custom design a custom modular home for you from scratch. This steel frame modern modular home is designed to be placed onto your site prepared foundation. All modular homes are designed and engineered for your specific lot, municipality, wind and snow loads.
Why would I choose a steel frame over a typical stick frame?
Steel framing, is stronger, lasts a life time, and is better than a stick frame home:
- Green Terra Homes' Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Frame components are offer unmatched quality without the prevalent defects found in stick frame homes such as warping or knots.
- Green Terra Homes consist of two layers of insulation that exceed standards by at least 25%. Consisting of an external thermal break layer comprised of rigid ISO foam board on all exterior surfaces along with an internal layer of high quality stone wool mineral fiber insulation for steel framing. This superior insulation combination reduces sound penetration while offering exceptional fire protection.
- Our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing is uniform with precise standardized measurements unlike stick framing where no two pieces are alike or measure as advertised, there is no such item referred to as a 2'x6' piece of lumber. None are 2" nor 6", no stick frame home is constructed in precise measurements as consistent in our engineered steel framing.
- Superior Stronger Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing
- Engineered Structural Steel Frame home will maintain its integrity indefinitely without any issues such as rot or corrosion or termite infestation.
- Structural Steel Frames are lighter yet stronger than stick frame homes
- Read complete list of benefits of Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Frame
Better Structural Strength
Because steel has the highest strength to weight ratio of any building material, it is by nature a superior construction material. Steel does not rot, warp, split, crack or creep and will not expand or contract with moisture content.
A steel framed home will always have straight walls and square corners; therefore, homeowners will be relieved to find no aggravating nail pops or drywall cracks. Steel framing can take popular finishes like brick, stucco, stone or siding.
Better Fire Protection
The most frightening aspect of a house fire is the rapidity with which it can spread, a factor that's multiplied many times over by the easy availability of wood framing as fuel.
Steel will not contribute fuel to a fire. If a fire does start in a steel-framed home, it's less likely to spread from the area of origin. Tragic loss, due to fires that ignite and spread in framing, can be limited by the use of steel framing.
Better Mold Resistance
Mold is a significant cause of poor indoor air quality and resultant respiratory ailments. Steel framing can help resist the onset and growth of mold.
Mold requires an organic substrate such as wood to grow and thrive. Being inorganic, steel framing actually inhibits the growth of mold, and promotes a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
Better Termite Resistance
Termites cause millions of dollars in damage to homes each year. Termites wreak havoc, chewing through wood framing and weakening the foundation of a home. Some building departments require treatment to your foundation for termites before building, but section R202 of the International Residential Code states that steel framing is a "termite resistant material".
Steel is resistant to termites, thus preserving the structural integrity of a steel-framed home, and providing it with years of security and durability against destructive pests, including termites and wood ants.
Better for the Environment
An average sized wood framed home requires at least 40 trees to be cut for framing. The framing for a typical steel framed home can be made from 6 recycled cars. The use of steel framing saves the nation's forests and has a positive impact on the environment.
Because steel-framing is unaffected by temperature or humidity changes, the building is more energy-efficient, thus saving on fuel costs. The lower energy consumption helps the initiative to further conserving our natural resources.
Why would I choose MODULAR over stick-built home?
The appearance of Modular homes are the same as any traditional site-built home. You can add any style of window, door, wall or feature you prefer, as some can be done in factory and others can still be added on-site when Modules are on site. You cannot tell the difference between modular and traditional homes once completed. Modular homes can be customized in their interior and exterior appearances. Green Terra Homes unlike many other manufacturers, offers the ability to design from scratch and or accepts private renderings for conversion to steel framing and modular. The standard time frame for in factory production is about 3-4 months.
Modular homes are built faster than site built homes and can save you thousands as most of the work is completed inside a temperature controlled factory setting where there are no delays due to weather and having to reschedule work crews. There are a few items that are required on site when building a modular home.
- You will be required to prepare your site and get your foundation ready prior to the arrival of your home.
- Once your home is ready you will have to coordinate shipping and craning of the modules to your site and ensure that the site is accessible to both the truck and crane.
- Once the modules are placed on your foundation they will have to be “stitched” together which is essentially sealing and connecting the modules to one another.
- You will also need to complete any insulation and drywall needed at the connection points, as well as siding and roofing at the connection points on the exterior of the house (partial siding and roofing may already be installed in factory).
- Lastly you will have to install your HVAC (unless you have purchased a package from us to be installed in the unit itself – when there is no basement), and then connect your utilities.
We recommend you hire a contractor to help with the site work and finishes required on site. Buying a modular home means that you could be into your new home months sooner than a traditional site built home and you can also save thousands of dollars in the process.
Use our standard styles and plans as a starting point or bring us your own plan, we are a manufacturer and our factory can produce any home design, any floor plan, and architectural design that you choose. Use our existing home styles and home plans as a pricing tool. Find a style and size closest to your custom home, and use the cost shown per square foot as a starting point for your custom home design price.
So What is included in the ENGINEERED STEEL FRAME MODULAR HOME price listed on our site?
OUR STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Galvanized Structural Steel Studs 16" OC (on center)
- Exterior Insulation thermal break: 1" R5 Rigid Foam Board with breathable house wrap layer seamlessly taped
- Interior Insulation: R24 Stone wool, mineral fiber insulation that offers superior insulation values, reduces sound penetration, and offers fire protection (*1)
- Vapor barrier - 6mm poly
- Resilient Channel
- Interior 1/2" Drywall (boarded, taped, primed - final finishes on-site) (*2)
- 7/16" exterior sheathing (OSB standard, upgrades available)
- Exterior Vinyl Siding (*3)
- Galvanized Structural Steel floor joists 16" on center
- 5/8" OSB sub flooring glued and screwed / nailed
Roof and Ceiling (*9)
- Galvanized Structural Steel Roof Rafters or Truss System as per design
- Mono slope, peaked, or butterfly roof (*4)
- Exterior Insulation (thermal break) 1-2" Rigid Foam Board (R5-R10) with breathable house wrap layer seamlessly taped
- Interior Insulation: R51+ (Attic spaces) or R31+ (Cathedral roof areas) - Stone wool, mineral fiber insulation that offers superior insulation values, reduces sound penetration, and offers fire protection (*1)
- Roof decking 7/16"
- Ice / Water shield membrane layer
- Steel Roofing galvalume / galvanized per manufacturers standard plans (*5)
- Vented attic space to eliminate moisture and heat build-up where applicable
- Vapor barrier - 6mm poly
- Resilient Channel
- Interior 1/2" Drywall (boarded, taped, primed - final finishes on-site) (*2)
- PEX polyethylene water lines including external tap(s)
- 40-gallon 240v electric water heater
- Water-saver toilet with tank
- 24" bathroom vanity with sink
- Shower with 4 piece surround & ecoflow shower head
- Chrome faucet with spray in kitchen
- Chrome faucet in bathroom(s)
- Double compartment stainless steel kitchen sink
- Plumbed and wired for washer and 220v dryer where laundry room present
- Plumbed and wire for dishwasher where present in manufacturer's floor plan
- Frost free exterior water tap(s)
- Commercial grade BX Electrical wiring
- 200A panel
- Exterior porch light at entrance door(s)
- Exterior weatherproof GFCI receptacle(s)
- Electric smoke detector(s) and Safe-T-Alert gas alarm(s)
- GFCI tamper resistant receptacle in bathroom(s)
- White light switches and receptacles
- Bathroom exhaust fan(s)
- Range hood with light
- Door Bell
- White 4" LED (pot) light(s) in each room
- Phone access box in utility room (where present)
Windows and Doors (*9)
- White Slider double pane windows with low” E” glass (*6)
- 36"x80" exterior steel door
- Manufacturer's standard door hardware
- Sliding Glass 5' patio door
Interior Decor Finish (*9)
- White raised panel interior doors with satin stainless-steel door handles
- White shaker style Kitchen cabinets with Thermal foil wrapped doors
- Solid Bamboo Eco-friendly Kitchen counter top
- Closet 6-panel Bi-fold door(s)
- Durable Laminate flooring in living area and kitchen, options available
- Durable maintenance friendly vinyl flooring in bathroom(s), options available
- Optional custom Cordless Cellular Shades package for windows
- Optional one base coat and one top coat white or eggshell white paint
- Optional MDF interior trim throughout
- Optional Appliance Packages available in white, black or stainless steel
- Optional back splash tiles for kitchen, bathroom and laundry room
For a PDF version of the Standard Specifications of our
Modular Homes Click Here
Also see manufacturer's standard finishes as outlined online at: https://shop.greenterrahomes.com/pages/standard-finishes-and-upgrade-options
Have more questions or Ready to proceed with an order?
Please make sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further details and answers that can guide you through the process
if you wish to speak to a Sales Representative please Click Here, fill out the form and we will be happy to assist.
Fill out the Contact Us page form and request a callback for a quote or attach the link of the product you are interested in.
Please visit here for Shipping Information: https://shop.greenterrahomes.com/pages/shipping
- See our Prefab Home Framing Kit Collection
- See our Modular Home Shell Package Collection
- See our builder ready Custom Modular Home Collection
Please note that drawings on the web site are a combination of artist renderings and photos - often with upgraded finishes- actual units may vary. Items shown on images & designs such as decks, porches, skirts, landscaping etc. are not included. Any product or service not listed on the specifications list is not included unless specifically paid for on the sales agreement.
Allow an estimated 30 business days for design and engineering depending on your choices, once engineering is completed allow about 90-120 days for production and another 10-14 days for delivery. All time frames stated are dependent on decision making processes, destination, season, size and model. Custom Homes are ready for placement on your foundation as applicable and connection to your site services. These timelines DO NOT apply to multi tenant units or large custom units over 2500sf
Land, permits, foundation, all site work and preparation, service hook ups, shipping, crane and installation of the modules are all the responsibility of the owner. All prices above are based on the standard specification list provided and sizes and dimensions and items listed. Any and all changes to size, design, specs, standards, finishes, etc will incur additional charges. Anything not listed on the specification list is NOT included.
Terms and conditions apply, see manufacturer's warranty statement included with all products and provided online and at time of sale.
- 1-year limited product warranty for parts and materials, factory to consumer along with material manufacturer’s own factory warranty for all materials utilized in the production of homes, such as flooring, cabinetry, appliances, windows, doors, etc., - See exception list in package which includes drywall cracks and nail pops which may occur because of subsequent settling of the foundation.
- 5-year limited warranty for components and performance relating to weather penetration, electrical distribution system, plumbing and heating delivery system(s) (if included in modules shipped from factory), window and door performance
- 25-year limited warranty for steel roofing panels
- 25-year limited warranty for structural steel framing
Manufacturer's materials, fixtures, trim, mill-work are all based on Manufacturer's standard specifications and floor plans as noted and available online. Changes to these specifications or removal of certain items to be replaced by specialty items or custom items, will result in additional charges and often in additional onsite finishes for the Builder/Owner. There are no credits applied for any specifications removed or reduction of designs. Custom home plans are quoted based on these Manufacturer's Standard Specifications, and all design changes, custom additions or changes will be additional.
All Modular homes manufactured by GreenTerraHomes are constructed in compliance to the stringent requirements of CWB CSA A-660 for Steel Frame structures and homes as well as CSA Standard 8131 A-277, along with National Building, State, Provincial and local codes as applicable. All modular homes adhere to plumbing, electrical, insulation, fenestration codes as applicable based on final destination of the home.
The manufacturer reserves the right to improve or modify the specifications herein, without notice or obligation, which may change materials, equipment, specifications or designs. Information contained herein is from the latest data available at the time of printing. Photographs and descriptions may contain some optional extras.
All optional upgrades incur additional charges
- *1 - Optional spray foam insulation (additional charges apply)
- *2 - Final drywall finish onsite by owner/builder as cracks will appear during transport and connection points between modules are to be boarded with drywall after connection & stitch up to allow for access to connection points
- *3 - May be partially installed in factory, final siding and finishes done onsite by builder/owner after stitch up of all modules and to avoid damage during transport depending on design
- *4 - Roof peak maximum height of 11ft when shipping on an industry standard trailer deck height of 30 inches. Heights of up to 12ft available with double drop deck trailers. Roof heights exceeding above heights require roofing trusses and or rafters to be installed onsite by Builder/Owner. Additional charges apply for any modules above standard 11ft height noted above.
- *5 - May be partially installed in factory based on roof slope and style installation at discretion of factory. But most often installed onsite by builder/owner once all modules are stitched together.
- *6 - Base window inclusion of up to 15% of total exterior wall surface. An Example: a 30'x40' size single story home with two 30' walls and two 40' walls has a total of 140' linear feet of exterior walls. With our standard 9' wall heights, this home would have a total of 1120sf exterior wall surface. With a 15% allowance for windows, an allowance of 189sf of windows would be included in base pricing. With an average 3'x4' window size (12sf), this would equate to 16 windows, a 3x4 window within ever 9' of wall space. With a total of 16 windows of 3x4, the exterior walls of this home of 140 linear feet would consist of 48 feet of windows, or 34%.
- *9 - See manufacturer's standard finishes as outlined online at: https://shop.greenterrahomes.com/pages/standard-finishes-and-upgrade-options